With its light, buttery texture, and delicately tart flavor, my lime mascarpone cream mousse recipe can be enjoyed with seasonal chopped fruit, on top of a hot baked slice of pie, or just by the spoonful for those who can’t get enough of its creamy, lime-infused goodness!
Mascarpone Lime Cream Recipe
Lime is such a great flavor for so many desserts, and lacing whipped mascarpone, with its creaminess and delicate sweetness makes for a combination you can use in so many ways.
To make my mascarpone lime cream recipe, you’ll need the following:
- Mascarpone – 1 cup mascarpone
- Heavy Cream – 1 cup heavy cream or double cream
- Icing Sugar – 1/4 cup icing sugar/powdered sugar
- Lime Juice – 2 tbsp freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Vanilla Paste – 1 tsp vanilla paste (or vanilla bean extract)
- Salt – pinch of salt
Step 1 – Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer for a couple minutes until you get a smooth, airy, and creamy mousse.
Step 2 – Transfer to a smaller bowl and smooth out the surface, topping with thin slices of lime (optional).
Fruit Salad – Lime pairs well with both seasonal fruits, like apples and berries, and plenty of tropical fruits. Hence you can serve a bowl of this as a side to a big fruit salad.
Fresh Lime – Thinly slice some limes and use them both as a garnish, and to eat with the cream.
Lemon Ricotta Cream Mousse – You could also try whipping up some of my delicious ricotta lemon cream mousse and serving both together with fruit and other sweet treats.
Baked Apple or Berry Pie – If you don’t have ice cream, try serving this instead with a hot slice of pie.
Biscuits and/or Sweet/Savory Crackers – A soft or crunchy base balances the creaminess and sweetness so well.
Lime Mascarpone Cream Recipe Card
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup heavy cream or double cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar/powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (or vanilla bean extract)
- pinch of fine salt
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer for a couple minutes until you get a smooth, airy, and creamy mousse.
- Transfer to a smaller bowl and smooth out the surface and, optionally, topping it with thin slices of lime for decoration.
You Might Also Like to Try
Save and Pin for Later
Tart, sweet, and wonderfully creamy, keep my mascarpone lime cream recipe for safekeeping, ready to whip up for a dinner party, by saving it to one of your boards.